July 2015 ASC


-- Download July 2015 ASC as PDF --


FORT WORTH AREA SERVICE CONFERENCE

Date: July 5,2015

Hosting Group: Granbury Group

 

 

OPEN:1:32 pm

SERENITY PRAYER: Volunteer

SERVICE PRAYER: Traci B.

12 TRADITIONS: Linsey M.

12 CONCEPTS: Julie

PURPOSE: Herman V.

 

RECOGNIZE NEW GROUPS:

 

ROLL CALL: 11 groups present

REPORTS:

Treasurer Report: Kay N.-

Beginning Statement Balance (EOM May 2015)     $853.16

Deposits:

Group Donations: $ 758.22

Total deposits:

Subtotal $1611.38

Expenses:

AT&T(Helpline phone) $62.06

June Monthly Bank Charge $15.00

RSC donation

WSO donation

Helpline Cricket

FWASO

H&I Literature

PI Literature

Storage

Total FWASO                                   –

 

Total Expenditures $ 77.06

Ending Balance $ 1534.32

Less Prudent Reserve: ($ 300.00)

Available Balance $1234.32

This report has been reconciled to the bank statement & check book.

ILS

Kay N.

Discussion:

Thomas

Herman V.

Kay N.

Rob M.

Chair Report: Herman V. – No Report

Vice Chair Report: Jennette F. –

Attended Subcommittees

Policy Report: Rob M.-

All is Well.

 

12 group Present

 

RCM TEAM Report: – Loretta J. & Thom L.

Hello family! It has been a great month! Not a whole lot to report this month. This past month , we had forwarded out a flier for MZSS looking for trusted servants to fill the positions. Please let us know if you did not receive it. We will be glad to re-email it.

 

LSRCNA held their first committee meeting for next year’s convention. Here is a list of upcoming subcommittee meetings. Please share this info in case someone may be interested in being a part of the next convention.

AGM will be meeting:

1.July 19@ Starbucks in Arlington @ Bowman and Park Row @ 5pm

  1. August 16 @ Starbucks on Abrams and Royal @ 1pm
  2. September 20 @ Azle Group @ 6pm
  3. October 18 @ Starbucks 183 and Story Road at 4pm

 

Hospitality will be meeting:

  1. July 11` @ Northside @ 1:30pm
  2. August 15 @ Northside @ 1:30pm

 

 

Programming will be meeting:

1.July 19` @ Living Recovery Group at 3pm

2.August 16 @ The Lodge on Serenity Cove @ 6pm

 

Member Services will be meeting:

1.July 15` @ Irving Group at 6pm

2.August 12 @ Irving Group at 6pm

  1. September 16@ Irving Group at 6pm

 

Registration will be meeting:

1.July 19 @ Starbucks in Arlington @ Bowman and Park Row

 

They are in need of art work.

Next subcommittee meeting is July 26 @1pm

 

 

RSC Open Positions

Notes taker

Notes taker ALT

Communication Liaison ALT

RSOBOD Liaison

 

Business we need a response on:

  1. The incoming RD proposed that the LSR having 3 mini assemblies in 2016 in the area instead of 1 big one. Intent to bring unity and possibly get more involvement. If this is something we are interested, we could see if we can join the Dallas Area and find a group between the 2 areas to host a joint assembly. This will allow for the other 2 to be held at some of the smaller areas and get everyone to participate.
  2. The RCM team submitted a motion to the groups to help RCM team get to the Region 51 Service Workshop in October. We are looking at approximately $250.00 per person for a round trip flight. We have fliers with detail information on what all workshops will be going on. Many RSC executive bodies and some other RCM teams will be attending,

 

In Loving Service,

 

         RCM TEAM

Loretta J.                                                                            Thom L.

682-597-1439                                                                     682-559-6940

Lorettaj.eam.fwana@gmail.com                                   1vet.helping.vets@gmail.com

 

Discussion:

Ross

Loretta J.

Scott

Jennette F.

Scott

Loretta J.

Jennette F.

Herman V.

OPEN FORUM:NONE

ACTIVITIES REPORT: Absent, No Report

ASO/BOD REPORT:

BEGINNING BALANCE                                                                                 $ -181.45

DEPOSTITS                                                                                                                        $ 3070.44

COST OF PURCHASES (literature paid for)                                           $ 2111.51

EXPENDITURES (payroll, rent, storage, office supplies, bank fee, etc)      $ 595.01

ENDING BALANCE                                                                                                          $     180.47

Hello Family

The ASOBO met with all board members present. We discussed and scheduled upcoming events. There are 2 ASC elect positions on the board still open. The office has been opening the doors with 1 volunteer and 2 board members at this time, and we just elected a new volunteer we still can’t hire an office manager. We have been working hard to keep literature on the shelves and answering the phones giving meeting information out. At this moment the office is trying its best to keep up with items for the office, If any groups have an event they like the office to come sell please let us know so we can place on the calendar. The office does not sell at an event without invitation. The office will be closed Friday August 7th 2015.

In Loving Service

ASOBOD

Discussion:

Scot F. Restitution has been asked for, but has not been made yet.

FWACNA REPORT:

Hello everyone!

 

FWACNA met June 28 at Step One.

We have officially 61 days until the convention!! Have you registered? Have you paid for your banquets? Have you reserved your room? We are sitting at roughly $12,000! Thanks to everyone in the Ft Worth area that have participated and helped fund this convention!

The next committee meeting is next Sunday at 1:30 at Step One, we now will meet every other weekend until FWACNA.

Here is the schedule:

July 12-Step One

July 26- Marriott Champions Circle

Aug 9 -Step One

Aug 23 – Marriott Champions Circle

 

We will have a comedian Bob Perkell on Sat. at 10pm. Tickets are $15 now and $20 at the door. Banquets are $40. Pre-reqistration will end July 18.

 

Next fundraiser is July 18 at Restored 2 Sanity beginning at 2:00pm. It is a newcomer speaker jam.

The final fundraiser is August 8 at Another Chance and will be an Oldtimer Speaker Jam and Auction.

All committees are working on finalizing their timelines.

It has been an honor to serve this area.

 

In loving service,

Traci B., FWACNA IX CHAIR

Discussion:

Rob M.

Scot F.

Traci B.

Scot F.

Traci B.

Scot F.

Herman V.

Traci B.

Jennette F.

Rob M.

Scot F.

Herman V.

Scot F.

Herman V.

Scot F.

Herman V.

Jennette F.

Scot F.

Herman V.

Scot F.

Traci B.

Scot F.

Dennis S.

Loretta J.

Traci B.

Thom L.

Stan S.

Jennette F,

HELPLINE REPORT::

Good afternoon family;

The Helpline Sub-Committee met at step one on June 14, 2015. There were a total of 7 Members present, including 3 Helpline volunteers and 2 Group Reps.

Group reps. were from N.A. East, and the Hope group

Discussed was the phone volunteer schedule, Kay N. picked up an extra day other than that no other changes were made to the schedule. The Grasshopper system is up and running for those who dial the 888 number. Also discussed was the rotation of the phones and at the time no openings were available for new volunteers.

A proposal was made to do away with the AT&T phone bill while keeping the phone number through Cricket. The proposal was voted on and passed unanimously. Currently we are paying $100.00 for four phones. I have been able to negotiate a deal with Cricket phone services to now have five phones for the price of four, plus free data.

Now the only thing stopping the implementation of transferring the AT&T phone number to Cricket is getting the account information from Area Service Committee. I e-mailed the outgoing treasurer seeking this information, no response. I then spoke with the area co-chair and was told that the person who set up the account is in prison so that I am unable to get the account, and pin number. I am trying to save the area over $620.00 a year. I will continue seeking this information and get back to ya’ll with a progress report.

 

Thanks for the opportunity to serve.

 

ILS

Scott G. Helpline Chair.

Carla A. Helpline Co-Chair.

Discussion:

Scott G.

Jennette F.

H&I REPORT:

Subcommittee met @ Broadway Group on June 21st @ 1:30. There were 18 in attendance of which 4 were group reps.

Open Positions:

VOA Riverside

Need help with Right Steps Men’s

Contact Bill D 817-797-3910

Reports were given business was discussed and meeting was closed in about an hour.

 

Want to get involved and help out?

Next Subcommittee meeting meets July 19th 1:30 @ Broadway Group

ILS

Stan S.

NEWSLETTER:

Hello family,

Let me start this off by saying that Carla has resigned her position as chair due to work and not being able to make meetings on Sundays. The newsletter subcommittee met on June 14th. I’m happy to announce that we can now get newsletter up and running on the website. I’m asking for help with putting together a format for the newsletter so that it doesn’t look sloppy. Once that I’m shown how to do this, I should be able to do it without a problem. If there’s anyone willing to help, I’ll gladly appreciate it. I would also like to take this time to thank everyone for their patience and understanding and continued support of this areas newsletter.

 

ILS,

Crystal S.

LITERATURE REPORT: Jennette F.

Tradition Working Guide Traditions 7-10 August 23rd

The book will be out in 2016 or 2017

OUTREACH REPORT: Reported By: Murray

Subcommittee met on June 18th at NA East, groups were present NA East, EAM , Another Chance, Arlington, Time To Live, Prison Steppers, Step One was represented along with 4 more members.

Meetings for June were met with the following exception Point of Freedom, I contacted a group member to let them know and to reschedule but we were out of dates we apologize, meetings for July as per flier

Our main point of discussion was for outreach unity jam Oct. 15th we will have an adhoc on the 11th at NA East @1:15pm to get it together, we have 100.00 dollars in the budget for this event and we are asking for it providing funds allow, I have gotten the second t-shirt order in and those whom ordered one I have available.

We have a new group to the area FOLO NA group @ 901 bonnie braes in Fort Worth Monday and Thursdays night at 7, they will not be on the calendar for 90 days but have registered with world.

Last steps and solutions is really struggling with meeting place it is held on the patio of the cowboy church and is outdoors at times they have the rodeo going on so any help or suggestions to them will be so helpful, they are still strong and determined to grow, they have Monday 8pm and a Thursday 9pm.

Next Subcommittee meeting is at NA East 7pm

IN LOVING SERVICE, Dusty T.

Discussion:

Herman V.

Murray

Loretta J.

Scott G.

PI REPORT:

Hello Family! P.I. Is looking for help with the Presbyterian Night Shelter presentation every Saturday at 6:00pm. We are also looking for help with a presentation for CPS that is every Wednesday at 9:45am. If you have at least a year clean and are interested in helping please call me. The P.I. Presentation for Excel has changed from 2:00pm to 11:00am every other Thursday. This presentation is being filled. The poster day at Azle group was a success. Thank you for everyone that participated in that. We will be printing meeting schedules next month. If you have meeting schedule changes please contact me ASAP. The meeting schedules will be sent to print the Wednesday before the next Area. The next P.I. Sub committee meeting will be held on July 12, 2015 at 3:30pm.

 

In Loving Service,

Leslie L.

817-727-7177

WEB SERVICE REPORT:

Met 6/14 new format checked & approved.

 

The new website has been put in place and seems to be running smoothly, it does seem a bit slow and I am looking into what can be done to speed it up a bit, more details to follow as soon as I know more about what is causing the slow downs.

 

Logins have been created for both Newsletter , as well as activities, I have also created a new, updated group map that is searchable , allowing users to input their address and find closet groups to their currunt location, including schedules and links to get directions.

-Andy

Discussion:

Julie

Andy

Herman V.

Andy

 

Break: 2:27-2:51pm

 

Old Business:

  1. The incoming RD proposed that the LSR having 3 mini assemblies in 2016 in the area instead of 1 big one. Intent to bring unity and possibly get more involvement. If this is something we are interested, we could see if we can join the Dallas Area and find a group between the 2 areas to host a joint assembly. This will allow for the other 2 to be held at some of the smaller areas and get everyone to participate.

 

EAM Picked Point Of Freedom Group

NA East Picked Irving and NA East

Down Town Picked Point Of Freedom

 

 

2.The RCM team submitted a motion to the groups to help RCM team get to the Region 51 Service Workshop in October. We are looking at approximately $250.00 per person for a round trip flight. We have fliers with detail information on what all workshops will be going on. Many RSC executive bodies and some other RCM teams will be attending,

8 FOR 2 AGAINST 2 OBSTAINS – PASSES

 

  1. New Business: The incoming RD proposed that the LSR having 3 mini assemblies in 2016 in the area instead of 1 big one. Intent to bring unity and possibly get more involvement. If this is something we are interested, we could see if we can join the Dallas Area and find a group between the 2 areas to host a joint assembly. This will allow for the other 2 to be held at some of the smaller areas and get everyone to participate.
  2. The RCM team submitted a motion to the groups to help RCM team get to the Region 51 Service Workshop in October. We are looking at approximately $250.00 per person for a round trip flight. We have fliers with detail information on what all workshops will be going on. Many RSC executive bodies and some other RCM teams will be attending,

None

ELECTIONS:

Executive Committee:

 

Assistant Treasurer

 

Subcommittee:

Literature: OPEN

Web Server: OPEN

ASOBOD: OPEN( x2)

 

Region:

Notes taker:

Notes taker Alt:

Communication Liaison Alt:

RSO BOD Liaison:

                                                            GROUP REPORTS    

*ANOTHER CHANCE

# of meetings: 35

Average # of attendance: 20-30

Total # of members: 100

Activities: July 25-Fundraiser 3:00 The tie that bind flyer

Concerns:  Air conditioner pooped –out looking for any help with this.

GSR: Rick                                           GSRA: Julie

 

 

*ARLINGTON

# of meetings: 21

Average # of attendance: 25

Total # of members: 40

Activities: Anniversary 31st will be in October

Concerns: All is well.

GSR: Proxy: Clayton W.                          GSRA: Open

 

 

*AZLE NA

# of meetings: 6

Average # in attendance: 6

Total # of members: 9

Activities:

Concerns: Low attendance , Low 7th . Open invitation for all members to attend our meetings as well as outreach.

GSR: Chandler B.                                     GSRA: Amanda G.

 

 

*BACK TO BASICS

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                 GSRA:

 

*BROADWAY

# of meetings: 16

Average # in attendance: 40

Total # of members: 150

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR: Sally                                  GSRA: Andy M.

 

*DOWNTOWN

# of meetings: 11

Average # in attendance: 30

Total # of members: 30

Activities: Speaker jam July 10-11, Unity Picnic September 11.12. Our meetings times have changed from 10am to 10:30 and 11.

Concerns: Meeting attendance need more support from area.

GSR:                                GSRA:

 

*24 HOUR GROUP

# of meetings:

Average # attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                         GSRA:

 

*EXPECT A MIRACLE

# of meetings: 15

Average # of attendance: 25

Total # of members: 40

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR: Cecil B.                               GSRA: Ryan S.

 

*Granbury NA

# of meetings : 8

Average # in attendance: 9

Total # of members: 15-20

Activities:

Concerns: Continued support from Outreach. Speakers for speaker nights –get with Danella Mc/

GSR: Larry                                     GSRA: Ross Mc

 

*HOPE GROUP

# of meetings: 6

Average # of attendance: 6-8

Total # of members: 10

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR: Crystal S.                            GSRA: open

 

 

 

*MIRACLES HAPPEN

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                     GSRA:

 

*MANSFIELD

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                       GSRA:

 

*NA EAST

# of meetings: 26

Average # in attendance: 20

Total # of members: 50

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR: Bruce                      GSRA: Jay

 

*NA @ VA

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                    GSRA: .

 

*NEW WAY TO LIVE

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                      GSRA:

 

*POINT OF FREEDOM

# of meetings 7

Average # of attendance: 12

Total # of members: 14

Activities: Anniversary is August 1st!

Concerns:

GSR: Jacob C.                                       GSRA: Christian H.

 

*RECOVERY ZONE

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                                GSRA:

 

*RESTORE TO SANITY

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                                   GSRA:

 

*SISTERS ON STEPS

# of meetings :

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                                GSRA: .

 

*STEP ONE

# of meetings: 21

Average # in attendance: 27

Total # of members: 300

Activities: We are currently in planning stages of Step One’s 34TH Anniversary / celebration of life. We do not have a date yet but it will be in late August or early September. More info to come……

Concerns:

GSR: Scot S.                                           GSRA: Thomas B.

 

*STEPHENVILLE OUTBACK

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                       GSRA:

 

*STEPS & SOLUTIONS

# of meetings:

Average # of attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                            GSRA:

 

*TIME TO LIVE

# of meetings: 16

Average # attendance: 20

Total # of members: 25

Activities: DOG DAYS OF SUMMER BASH Next Saturday 7-11-15 Come be a part of games, speakers fellowship

Concerns:

GSR: Ricky P.   GSRA: Tom M.                            

 

 

Next ASC :

Date: August 2, 2015

Hosting Group: Hope Group@1:30 pm

 

Close: 3:39 pm