June 2015 ASC


-- Download June 2015 ASC as PDF --


FORT WORTH AREA SERVICE CONFERENCE
Date: June 7,2015
Hosting Group: 24 Hour Group 

OPEN:1:32 pm

SERENITY PRAYER: Volunteer

SERVICE PRAYER: Volunteer

12 TRADITIONS: Volunteer

12 CONCEPTS: Volunteer

PURPOSE: Herman V.

 

RECOGNIZE NEW GROUPS:

 

ROLL CALL: 13 groups present, 11 can vote

REPORTS:

Treasurer Report: Linzy B.-

Beginning Balance

958.57$

Deposits:

Group donations

663.00$

PI advance cash back

21.00$

H&I handbook sale

12.00$

Total Deposit

696.00$

139.2

Expenses:

AT&T (Helpline phone)

62.06$

APR Monthly Bank Service Charge

15.00$

RSC donation

25.00$

WSO donation

12.50$

Ck# 1398 PI meeting schedules advance

107.37$

Ck# 1399 Outreach gas

65.00$

Ck# 1400 Secretary copies

23.00$

Ck# 1401 Helpline Cricket

100.00$

Ck# 1402 FWASO

H&I literature

300.00$

PI literature

65.00$

Storage

31.48$

Total Ck# 1402 FWASO

396.48$

1305

Total Expenditures

806.41$

Ending Balance

848.16$

Less Prudent Reserve

(300.00)$

Available Balance

548.16$

In loving service Linzy B.

TREASURER REPORT

June ASC reporting May 2015

This report has been reconciled to the bank statement & check book.

Chair Report: Steven S. –

Vice Chair Report: Herman V. –

Policy Report: Kay N.-

RCM TEAM Report: Jennette F. & Loretta –

This past year has been an amazing adventure! We would like to begin by saying thank you for allowing us to serve in this position over the last year. We have both learned a lot and grown together as we continue to serve the Fort Worth Area.

This past month we attended RSC and helped EAM with a group inventory. We have lots to bring back from RSC.

There was much unity being shown in all areas at RSC, as we all continue to grow and work together. Many of us spent several hours that Saturday night working on the Guidelines, and enjoying lots of fellowship, even with the AC being out in the cabin!

LSRCNA will hold their first committee meeting for next year’s convention on June 28, 2015 at 1:00pm at the hotel. Please share this info in case someone may be interested in being a part of the next convention. Open positions will be voted on at this meeting. They really could use some help with programming and hospitality.

There are still unanswered questions from the RSOBOD as the chair has not showed up to RSC since taking positions. Guidelines do not require them to; however, the facilitator will request that the chair appear at the next RSC.

H&I Coordinator Report

Hello Everyone,

The following units are being covered:

Seagoville FCI is being covered by Sal A., and it is held twice per month.

The Gatesville Women’s Prison has 7 units covered by Malaree T. and is held once per month on the first Saturday of every month.

The Esters unit in Fort Worth is covered by Ross, once per month.

Marvin P. covers The Boyd Unit in Teague once per month on the third Saturday of the month.

The Johnston Unit in Winnesboro is covered twice a week by Wes N.

The Powledge Unit is covered once per month by Prentice S.

The Gurney Unit in Palestine is covered by me on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 8:15am – 10:00am. We also cover the Michael’s Unit every third Tuesday at 2:30 – 5:00pm.

The Bradshaw Unit is Henderson is covered by me, every Wednesday at 10:00am – 12:30pm.

The amount of 1215.68 was spent for Literature on January 27, 2015.

The disbursements were as follows:

Danny received 70 Soft Covered Basic Text, Various IP’s, 3 It Works How and Why Soft Cover, 150 White Booklets 7 Spanish Soft cover Basic Text.

The Boyd Unit in Teague received 10 Introductory guides.

Henderson State Jail received Various IP’s, 50 White Booklets, 1 Step Working Guide, and 1 It Works How & Why.

Over the last 90 days, Danny had given 8 Basic text to inmates that have been released from Prison.

The Powledge Unit Received 10 Basic Text, and various IP’s.

The Gurney Unit received Various IP’s, 1 Step Working Guide, and 1 It works How and Why, 50 white booklet.

The Gatesville Women Unit received a Case of soft cover basic text, and 20 Behind the Walls pamphlets.

The Gurney Unit is requesting an additional NA meeting from 12 noon to 2:30 pm on Friday. This is for men only.

We will be revisiting the Johnson Unit on July 19th @ 7pm. If anyone is interested, please contact Danny.

If you have a request for a Facility to be covered, please notify Danny with the information for the Facility, so that I can follow up for the meeting time, availability and qualifications.

Regional H&I supports the Prisons, and Danny will support and provide literature if possible to facilities if it is within the Regional H&I Literature budget.

Danny S.-903-360-1975

Regional H&I Coordinator

hookdanny@yahoo.com

Money Handler

We have been working hard for a year trying to help the money handler with his responsibilities and understanding what the body asks to be done. As we reported in February, in January we did an audit that was not exactly complete as he had not been writing receipts and keeping copies of everything. That very same weekend, we gave very detailed direction of what the money handler responsibilities and tasks are. The money handler continues to be defiant and uncooperative with the body. His initial report was drastically off, and he did not understand why we all had a problem with it. After being given very clear direction on what needs to be corrected, some of the report was corrected and there was a lot of resistance in correcting the rest. At the point of leaving RSC on Sunday afternoon, there was still not a correct report. We finally received it the week after that is still not correct. Many RCM teams are asking their areas for their backing in asking for his resignation. We will leave that in your hands.

The 2016 budget proposal was passed as it was around $1000.00 less.

Pen Pal Coordinator Report

Pen Pal has received a few forms submitted online and emails from the inmates. Every inmate requesting a pen pal has received one.

Elections

RD: Stacey from Dallas had automatic.

RDA: Dallas Area nominated Sharon S and passed.

Money Handler Alt: Fort Worth Area nominated Jennette F and passed.

 

Open Positions

Notes taker:

Notes taker Alt:

Communication Liaison Alt:

RSO BOD Liaison:

New Business:

  1. MZSS support for $100.00 passed.
  2. The incoming RD proposed that the LSR having 3 mini assemblies in 2016 in the areas instead of the 1 big one. Intent to bring unity and possibly get more involvement. Please take this back to your groups. If this is something we are interested, we would like to see if we can join with Dallas Area and find a group between the 2 areas to host a joint area assembly. This will allow for the other 2 to be held at some of the smaller areas and get everyone the opportunity to participate.
  3. There was an idea and passed to move 2015 Regional Assembly to February 22-24, 2016 in order to be able to cover the CAR and make it easier for everyone,especially GSRs to get an understanding of what is to be voted on and taken back to world.
  4. There was another idea for a State Unity website to help coordinate point of contacts for the Courts and PO’s. Unfortunately, we received a call from RSC facilitator asking us to table this idea for now, as they would like to regroup and more effectively create their plan.

 

The current RCM team would like to submit a motion to the groups to help RCM team to get to the Region 51 Service Workshops in October. We are looking at approximately $250.00 per person for a round trip flight. We have fliers with detail information on what all workshops will be going on. Many of the RSC executive bodies and some other RCM teams will be attending. We are hoping to get enough people together to be able to get a group rate for the flight, and if that is the case, then it will be even less. There is lots of information to be gathered there!

 

We are turning in gas receipts for RSC in the total of $57.72.

 

In Loving Service,

RCM Team

Jennette F.                                         Loretta J.

817-374-9979                                 682-597-1439

jennettef@live.com                                lorettaj.eam.fwana@gmail.com

 

 

OPEN FORUM:

Down Town Group

Address the misuse of contact list for personal grievance

ACTIVITIES REPORT: No Report Given

ASO/BOD REPORT:

Monthly report on 5/30/2015

BEGINNING BALANCE                                                                                                    $                         80.71

TOTAL DEPOSTITS                                                                                                                                              2357.22

COST OF PURCHASES                                                                                                 1824.30

EXPENDITURES ( rent, office supplies, bank fee, etc)                                              795.08

ENDING BALANCE                                                                                                                                               (176.45)

 

Hello Family

 

The ASOBOD met with all board members present. We discussed and schedule upcoming events. There are 2 ASC elect positions on the board that are still open. The office has been opening the doors with 2 volunteers and 2 board members at this time we still can’t hire an office manger. We have been working hard to keep literature on the shelves and answering the phone giving meeting information out. As you can see that the financials are in the negative at the time the books closed for the month. At this moment the office is trying it best to keep up with items for the office.

If any groups have an event they like the office to come sell please let us know so we can place on the calendar. The office does not sell at an event without an invitation.

 

 

In Loving Service

ASOBOD

FWACNA REPORT:

Hello Family,

I am co chair for the convention committee. Tracy the chairperson is on vacation south of here. We are only 3 months out from the convention. We are doing well. We still need committee members volunteers. We are collecting donation for the convention any support would be great. We need money handlers and there are plenty of activities for everyone. The next fundraiser will be Newcomer Speaker Jam at Restore to sanity. July 18 please bring group donation items to the fundraiser Bobby A will collect convention items. If you have any questions my phone #817 566-5578. Thank you for letting me serve the area.

Scott S. Co Chair FWACNAIV

HELPLINE REPORT:

Good afternoon family;

 

 

The Helpline Sub-Committee did not meet this past month due to inclement weather and because it was also Mother’s Day.

As the Helpline Sub-Committee Chair of Fort Worth I have been meeting with the Dallas Sub Committee Chairs in discussing an upcoming Unity event to be held on Nov. 14, 2015. I will discuss this in more detail with the other Sub-Committee Chair personnel.

Another thing to note is that I’ve had issues with the Cricket service in getting one of the phones re-activated. I have hopefully resolved this issue. Not only have I resolved the issue but at next week’s Sub-Committee meeting I will discuss getting rid of the AT&T phone bill while keeping the phone number active thru Cricket. That means we will wind up with 5 phones for the price of 4.

 

Thanks for the opportunity to serve.

 

ILS

Scott G. Helpline Chair.

Carla A. Helpline Co-Chair.

H&I REPORT:

Subcommittee met May 17 @ Broadway Group

All is well and running smoothly

Open Positions

Lake Grandbury Youth Services on Tuesdays @ 7:00

Springwood Monday @ 8

16 out of 22 reports given

Next H& I Meeting June 21, 2015 @1:30 Broadway Group

NEWSLETTER: No Report Given

LITERATURE REPORT: No Report Given

OUTREACH REPORT: No Report Given

PI REPORT:

The subcommittee did not meet this past month due to the weather. CPS is still not filled at the moment. The presentation would be every Wednesday at 9:45am. If anyone has atleast 1 year clean and is interested in that please let me know. The Azle group is having a Poster Day June 13, 2015 at 10:00am. We will meet at Azle Group if anyone would like to come be a part of that, you are welcome to. This month we printed 978 meeting schedules at $109.04. We are requesting $20.00 advanced for the poster day.

IN LOVING SERVICE,

Leslie L.

817-727-7177

WEB SERVICE REPORT: No Report Given

Break: 3:17pm

Reconvene: 3:34 pm

Treasurer Report- Low on Funds

PI obstained from for June Budget

Outreach accepts $100.00 Changed S50.00

H&I $ 75.00

 

Old Business:

MOTION 1: PASS

MOTION 2: PASS

MOTION 3: PASS

MOTION 4: FAIL

 

New Business:

RSC Moneyhandler to step aside from position

 

Take back to groups for RCM TEAM being funded

 

Another Chance

Arlington

Azle

B2B

Broadway Monday 8:30 men 10am Saturday women 817-212-9180

Downtown

EAM

24HR

Granbury

Hope Group

Mansfield

Miracles Happen

NA@VA

NA East

New Way To Live

Point of Freedom

Restore 2 Sanity

Sister on steps

Stephanville Outback

Step One

Time 2 Live

 

ELECTIONS:

Executive Committee:

Treasurer

KAY N. 2 Opposed

Assistant Treasurer

RCMA

Richard S. Roll Call 3

Thom L. 13 Thom L. RCMA

 

Subcommittee:

Literature: OPEN

Web Server: OPEN

ASOBOD: OPEN( x2)

 

Region:

Notes taker:

Notes taker Alt:

Communication Liaison Alt:

RSO BOD Liaison:

                                                            GROUP REPORTS    

*ANOTHER CHANCE

# of meetings: 35

Average # of attendance: 25

Total # of members: 150

Activities: July 25-Fundraiser

Concerns: weak 12 noon & 10pm meetings

GSR: Rick                                          GSRA: Julie

 

 

*ARLINGTON

# of meetings: 21

Average # of attendance: 20

Total # of members: 50

Activities:

Concerns: No Concerns

GSR: Proxy: Desiree R                              GSRA: Open

 

 

*AZLE NA

# of meetings: 6

Average # in attendance: 7

Total # of members: 10

Activities: July 4th event @ Scot & Jennette’s Call Scot for info 817-602-8840. Poster Day 6/13 @ 10am

Concerns:

GSR: Chandler B.                                     GSRA: Amanda G.

 

 

*BACK TO BASICS

# of meetings: 17

Average # in attendance: 50

Total # of members: 100

Activities: 16th Anniversary 6/12-13, 2015

Concerns:

GSR: Roylee R.                                          GSRA:

 

*BROADWAY

# of meetings: 15

Average # in attendance: 148

Total # of members: 148

Activities: New meetings trail form July – September. Men Monday -8:30pm- Women Saturday-10am. July 25 Speaker Jam Need speakers Contact Bob – 817-212-9180

Concerns:

GSR: Sally                                  GSRA:

 

*DOWNTOWN

# of meetings: 11

Average # in attendance: 30

Total # of members: 30

Activities: Speaker Jam July 10-11. Unity Picnic (second weekend in September)

Concerns: More support from area in our meetings, we will be voting on moving meetings in the mornings to 10:30 instead of 10:00

GSR: Denis                                        GSRA:

 

*24 HOUR GROUP

# of meetings:

Average # attendance: 10-25

Total # of members: 75

Activities: 24 hr 25th Anniversary June 19th -21st All local speakers, dunk tank, great speakers, food, fun, fellowship. Thanks to members for chairing meeting.

Concerns:

GSR: Kim H.                                              GSRA: Open

 

*EXPECT A MIRACLE

# of meetings: 15

Average # of attendance: 20

Total # of members: 90

Activities: more will be revealed

Concerns: no problems

GSR:                                GSRA:

 

*Granbury NA

# of meetings : 8

Average # in attendance: 8-10

Total # of members: 8-10

Activities:

Concerns: things going good, we could always use support of fellowship from FW area

GSR: Larry                                      GSRA: Open

 

*HOPE GROUP

# of meetings: 6

Average # of attendance: 4-5

Total # of members: 10

Activities:  No meetings June 23rd– 25th due to church activities , sign will be posted on the doors.

Concerns:

GSR: Crystal S.                            GSRA: open

 

 

 

*MIRACLES HAPPEN

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                     GSRA:

 

*MANSFIELD

# of meetings: 8

Average # in attendance: 15

Total # of members: 25

Activities:

Concerns: NO CONCERNS

GSR: John D.                                            GSRA: Open

 

*NA EAST

# of meetings: 26

Average # in attendance: 25

Total # of members: 26

Activities:

Concerns: Thank you everybody for coming to Anny.

GSR:                        GSRA:

 

*NA @ VA

# of meetings: 1

Average # in attendance: 6-8

Total # of members: 6-8

Activities: Just stop by and visit

Concerns:

GSR:                    GSRA: .

 

*NEW WAY TO LIVE

# of meetings: 1

Average # in attendance:4

Total # of members: 2

Activities:

Concerns: All is well.

GSR: Kenneth H.                                     GSRA:

 

*POINT OF FREEDOM

# of meetings

Average # of attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                       GSRA:

 

*RECOVERY ZONE

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                                GSRA:

 

*RESTORE TO SANITY

# of meetings: 7

Average # in attendance:13

Total # of members: 30

Activities:

Concerns: 5TH anniversary 27th 12:00-12:00

GSR:                                                  GSRA: Victor W.

 

*SISTERS ON STEPS

# of meetings : 1

Average # in attendance: 10

Total # of members: 12

Activities:

Concerns: love to have people visit. 1st weekend in October Annual Retreat @ Camp Copass

GSR:                                               GSRA: .

 

*STEP ONE

# of meetings:

Average # in attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                            GSRA:

 

*STEPHENVILLE OUTBACK

# of meetings: 4

Average # in attendance: 23

Total # of members: 16

Activities:

Concerns: None

GSR: Cory L.                                           GSRA: Johnny H.

 

*STEPS & SOLUTIONS

# of meetings:

Average # of attendance:

Total # of members:

Activities:

Concerns:

GSR:                                            GSRA:

 

*TIME TO LIVE

# of meetings: 16

Average # attendance: 25

Total # of members:30

Activities:

Concerns: no concerns

GSR: Ricky P.   GSRA:                                  

 

 

Next ASC :

Date: July 5,2015

Hosting Group: Granbury @1:30 pm

 

Close: 5:03pm